Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Second Hike

It was busy for the past two days. I cooked for only one day. Family and I had din din from outside. It wasn't my first preference, but between cooking and just eating the food in front of me, I choose the latter. The following is for the day that I did cook. (I choose to remain silent about the the day that i gave in.  :P)


BREAKFAST
  • Cereal + Skim milk. 
  • Vegetable juice (made by my lovely dad  <3)
LUNCH
  • Roasted Vegetables
Ingredients:
  1. Carrots (2 medium, cut into bite-size)
  2. Onion (1/2 medium, cut lengthwise)
  3. Tomato  (1 medium tomato)
  4. Olive Oil
  5. Oregano
  6. Garlic Powder
  7. Pepper
  8. Salt to taste
Method:

Wash and cut all the vegetables.

Mix the ingredients 4-8. I usually mix them first so that there is an even mixture and each vegetable gets all the condiments.
  Mix all the ingredients and place in a baking tray. Bake at 450F for 20mins or more. I usually eyeball it :)
After baking:
  • Mutter (green pea) curry
Ingredients:
  1.   Peas  (1 cup)
  2. Cumin seeds (1/2 tsp)
  3. Oil (2 tsp)
  4. Garlic (small, 2-3 cloves)
  5. Onion (1 medium, ground)
  6. Tomato (1 medium, ground
  7. Water (~1 cup, or more)
  8. Turmeric powder (1/2 tsp)
  9. Chili powder (1/2 tsp)
  10. Cumin powder (1 tsp)
  11. Salt 
Method:

Wash and prepare all the vegetables
Process the tomato and onion separately in a food processor until its fine
Then heat oil. When hot add the cumin seeds and garlic
When the seed start to sputter, add in the processed onion
Cook for some time in medium heat, until the mixture dehydrates and looks something like this:
If things start to burn, just add a little water to retain the moisture and cook in a lower heat setting. Next, add the processed tomato
 Smells amazing! Keep stirring occasionally until the mixture dehydrates.
 Next add half cup of water. After a few minutes add the ingredients (8-11). Cook for 5 mins.
Then add rest of the water and the peas. Bring to a boil and its done.
Packaged and ready to go!
  • Basmati Rice
Everything packaged
  • Not to forget! For dessert fresh cut apple
Happy stomach = Happy day :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rimi, I really enjoyed the meals you've made so far. When is your next one coming up? I can't wait for it :)

    ReplyDelete